Sunday, February 26, 2006

To google or not to google

I have been thinking about this for some days now, and yet, frankly, I couldn't be bothered with the thought of having to move my newly created blog to some other site, find a new name, work on the design, etc. Then also change my email address, and go where? to Yahoo, not a better choice!

Apathy on one side and a sense of helplessness on the other. The remaining dilema, however, is how can we move our advocacy for human rights beyond mere words. It reminds me of a leftist old lady who used to boycott South African oranges during Apartheid, and I remember asking myself whether this would have any effect beyond depriving her of her daily dosage of needed vitamin C.

I am still convinced that google does not need my blog or my email address, and yet, I feel I am letting the Chinese down, as if I forgot about Ganji or Soltani or let the Basiji beat-up some poor guy next door and turn away, because he was a little different, after all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the link for Soltani. Couldn't leave a comment there, but their German is absolutely horrid. If you know these people, please tell them to show the texts they put up to some German for correction before publishing them.
Best,

arthemis said...

Thanks Amir,

For some reason, I was actually able to leave a comment, so I just transmitted yours...